The Carbon Sense Coalition is a voluntary group of people concerned about the extent to which carbon is wrongly vilified in Western societies, particularly in government, the media, and in business circles. We aim to restore balance and reason to the carbon debate, and to explain and defend the key role of carbon in production of most of our energy for heat, light, and transportation, and all of our food. Members and supporters include:
- consumers concerned about the future availability and cost of energy and food, and
- taxpayers concerned at the spiraling costs of subsidies for fixing non-problems in the carbon cycle or propping up inefficient alternatives to carbon fuels.
- those who understand, support, work in, or invest in the farming, mining, electricity, fishing, forestry, food and energy industries.
- farmers who know about the important role of plants, soil and carbon dioxide in naturally recycling carbon from the atmosphere to plants and our food chain.
- people with knowledge and understanding of the dominant influence of the sun, moon, clouds and cycles in the solar system in affecting climate and weather on earth.
- people alarmed at the politicization of science. We want young people to grow up in a world in which truth and science is valued.
- people alarmed at the way this issue is being used to fill our children with fear and loathing and our adults with guilt and anger.
Material on this site is protected by copyright. However we encourage people to copy, print, resend or make links to any article providing the source, including web address, is acknowledged. We would appreciate notification of use.
A more complete introduction is available here. [PDF 35KB]
To contact us, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org